Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Saturday, 16 March 2019
  11 Replies
  5.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hello. I'm working with ExtendOffice Tab Enterprise, so I can try it out before I purchase and deploy for some coworkers, but I'm having the following issues.

1. Moving a tab to a new window intermittently causes Excel to resize itself and become only an outline of itself. This happens both initially and when switching tabs.
ExtendOffice Tab - Issue 1.PNG

2. Sometimes, when the above issue happens, I can work in the originally opened workbook and can switch tabs, but the new document cannot be viewed. Tab displays as active, but only the previous workbook is displayed, and the previous tab is reactivated when clicking into a cell.

3. Lastly, and the worst, the window may disappear with an outline permanently. It is visible in the taskbar and while pressing ALT+TAB, however. I'm forced to close the window or kill the process and reopen everything I had tabbed under it. Any other windows, since they're under a different process, are unaffected.
ExtendOffice Tab - Issue 3, 0.PNG
ExtendOffice Tab - Issue 3.PNG

It's become risky to open new windows via the tab right click menu with or without an existing document tab. I have not tried any other office programs aside from Excel. Pictures attached for reference.

Using Microsoft Office 365 on Window s 10 Pro. All other add-ins were removed to solve the problem.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Thanks for your detailed feedback. We will take a look at this issue, and fix it in the upcoming versions.
Hello, Jay! Thanks for the reply. Any ETA on the release? The issue isn't game breaking since I can still use the key combination (CTRL+S) to save and (CTRL+W) to close, but it's rather frustrating and a tad time consuming to close/reopen everything.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have the same problem with resizing. Waiting to be fix so that I can evaluate for purchase
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
It seems like there is warning in the third file, please enable it.
Untitled.png
Attachments (1)
If you're referring to the banner for macro I wrote, it's usually enabled. The issue arises with or without workbooks with embedded macros. The issue almost always shows itself when a new window is opened. Another note, the MS Office 365 installation is through my employer on a work computer. The setup may differ from a home installation as I noticed the two look a bit different if that helps.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Do you have other Excel add-ins enabled in the Excel add-ins manager?
Thanks.
No, all other add-ins were removed in an attempt to find a resolution before the original post.
Update if it helps. The 365 I pay for personally looks a tad different than the one I use at work and I don't know if there's a difference between a business VL and regular pay per month/year, but it's the same issue all around for me (work desktop, home laptop, and home desktop).

Some times, unmaximizing the Excel and switching tabs works. Can't switch tabs while maximized after a while or when opening new windows.

Am I just this unlucky?
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi @all,

unfortunately, I have the same or a similar problem, I think. I work with 2 monitors, Windows 10 64bit and Office 2013 32bit. Excel remembers the last window position in which the FIRST worksheet was opened. If I move the window and open a new worksheet, the window will either sprint back or it will open a new window (I use the single-window-mode, without seeing all documents in the task bar) at exactly this start position. By clicking on the tabs, the windows are reassembled into a window. But that does not always work. If I openend a few windows in different windows positions, I can't switch between the tabs anymore. Working with Excel is really torture wirth this bug :-(

I will show you one of the problems in an attached shreenshot. I've got an video too, but the size is 2,3 MB an I cannot upload this.

best regards screenshot 2 monitors.png
I have the same issue. If it helps, NOT maximizing tends to keep it from moving around while switching tabs.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
1. Open your Visual Effects settings.

2. Check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Show window contents while dragging for what you want, and click/tap on OK.

OPTION TWO
Turn On or Off "Show window contents while dragging" using a REG file

Note Note
The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

DragFullWindows string value

0 = Show window outline while dragging
1 = Show window contents while dragging

NOTE: This is the default setting
Save the .reg file to your desktop.
Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
Sign out and sign in or restart the computer to apply.
You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.